Welcome to Hawaii Charities Online

  • Search for
    • Charitable organizations
    • Charitable sales promotions
  • Pay
    • Annual filing fees
    • Late payment fees
  • Submit
    • An exemption application
    • A charitable sales promotion consent form

Other helpful links:

  • Form 990 Online
    • Register a charitable organization
    • File an annual financial report for a registered charitable organization
  • Professional Fundraiser Registration System
    • Search for professional fundraisers
    • Register a professional fundraiser
    • Renew an existing registration for a professional fundraiser
    • Manage a professional fundraiser’s registration
    • Submit surety bonds and contracts
    • Submit end of campaign financial reports

Hawaii’s charitable solicitation law requires the following organizations to register with the Attorney General:

  • Charitable organizations that solicit contributions in Hawaii, unless the Attorney General has granted the organization an exemption from registration
  • Professional fundraisers
  • Religious organizations
  • Parent teacher associations
  • Accredited educational institutions
  • Certain alumni associations and educational foundations
  • Licensed hospitals
  • Charitable organizations that normally receive less than $25,000 in contributions and that do not pay a professional fundraiser
  • Professional solicitors are compensated for requesting or soliciting contributions for a charitable organization. This may be done through a variety of means – door to door, direct mail, telemarketing, internet, and otherwise.
  • Professional fundraising counsels are fundraising consultants paid by a charitable organization to provide advice and counsel on fundraising activities or to prepare materials relating to fundraising.

A commercial co-venturer (CCV) is a business that partners with a charitable organization to hold a charitable sales promotion in which all or a portion of the proceeds will benefit the charitable organization.

Search, pay, or submit?

Search for information on registered or exempt charitable organizations and charitable sales promotions.


Pay fees for registered charitable organizations.

Pay Fees

Submit filings for charitable organizations, professional fundraisers, and CCVs.